Wk 7 – Activity – Portrait Photography

This weeks assignment was for the class to photograph themselves as a dead person. I decided to have a bit of fun, and do a small “unfortunate selfies” series, where I used digital tools such as gimp to edit in unfortunate methods of death.unfortunate selfie 2

In this first photo of this small series, I took a selfie, and edited it to become a stylized interpretation of being shot in the head. The blood is designed to look like water mixed with blood, since supposedly in the early stages of blood splatter, the plasma, which is mostly water, is brutally separated from the red blood cells, creating a pinkish-redish clear liquid with concentrations of intense red.

an unfortunate selfie

In the second photograph, I attempted to add in a meteor. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out as well, since it looks extremely artificial. But still, its a fun edit, so I thought I’d include it in the collection.

Overall, this project was an interesting experience. Death is almost a “taboo” subject, so this project was fun to experiment with. Although a tad morbid, I had a fun time editing in my utter demise!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in artwork and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s